2010年3月21日 星期日

My Words

My words is an online vocabulary building program. I think it is wise website because it enables you to create and maintain individual vocabulary portfolios by constructing personalized glossaries and it assesses your learning progress. My words provides full lexical information e.g. definitions,synonyms and antonyms, spoken pronunciation, frequency, sample sentence. It also contians games and the comprehensive resourses on this website that assists you to maintian and enhance glossaries.You can also identify your vocabuary level through a number of assessment such as "the academic word list test".I think My word is better than web dictionary becuase it assits personal learning and provides assessment for learners. Learners are able to valuate their own words learning.
My words Toolbar helps learners to copy and learn vocabulary form the web.It features of capturing new words/phrases from any web page to your own personal word list.It navigates to the my words web site with one click, gets definitions and translations, says words/phrases on any web page. It also eady accesses to different resources, highlights words /phrases on any web page,generates a word list from any web page. I think my words toolbar is useful for vocabulary learning. The most impressive is easy to access to other information resources. Personally, My word is free and useful website for language learners espcially for Chinese learners.

6 則留言:

  1. Try http://www.freerice.com/ as a vocabulary builder !

    回覆刪除
  2. Just a suggestion Ms. Weiting, what about a buddy system, like a keypal, only the keypal does not share the same L1, maybe pair up an Italian student with a Chinese both learning English. So they help each other using the common language English.

    回覆刪除
  3. Hi Weiting. Would you recommend your students using Mywords after listening to Professor Milton last week?

    回覆刪除
  4. I think my words works perfectly in Microsoft words, how I wish it would be free.

    回覆刪除
  5. It seems to be you gave a good overview comments about my words website which is interesting to read.

    回覆刪除