2010年1月13日 星期三

My introduction

Welcome to my new blog. This is Wei Ting. I am so glad to share my experience of learning and teaching language. Actually, the computer and websites help people to learn new knowledge and broaden their horizons. I remembered how I could learn English a decade ago when technology had not developed as nowadays. The only machine provieded in the classroom was a tape recorder. When I was in college, computers and the internet have been widely used. Multimedia has been introduced into classroom.Teachers use computers to teach. It helped language learning and teaching. I am really appreciated the new technology that changes the tradition teaching. At that moment, I started learning English through internet. I could choose listening, speaking ,reading and writing materials in different websites. One of my favourite websites is
http://www.putclub.com/. It is good for ESL learners. If someone wants to practice listening, putclub is the best place. It provides a forum for learners to make dictation.
http://www.englishclub.com/ is a free website for learners and teachers of English. Please have a check if you are interested in it.
http://www.youtube.com/ I think most people are familiar with this website. I often search videos here.
http://www.nytimes.com/ and http://www.bbc.co.uk/ are great news pages for learners to know the latest news and events all of world.
I also had two year English teaching experience in a secondary school. In my school, every classroom had equipped a computer, screen, projection. The technology is widely used in classroom teaching. Teachers use them to present PPT and other resources related to lessons. I used multimedia to teach and I also designed tasks by using computer. In the classroom students had been divided into different group to solve the problems. I think the information stage has brought new style of learning. Teachers' role has changed. As a teacher, it is more important to teach students how to learn rather than knowledge.
The course of New Technologies in Language Teaching is helpful for English teachers. I hope it to broaden my horizons and bring some new ideas in language teaching. It will make effective teaching in the future.

4 則留言:

  1. Thanks for the links and the thoughtful reflection. I also remember the days when the only technology in the classroom was the tape recorder! Things have certainly changed a lot since then.

    回覆刪除
  2. I like putclub BEST.The listening materials are good and never exhausted in that place.

    回覆刪除
  3. It is good to know about your IT usage into education mainly the multimedia in your teaching

    回覆刪除
  4. Which one of the above websites you found them pretty useful

    回覆刪除