2010年1月19日 星期二

Teaching experience by using technology

I had two years teaching experience on teaching English. I taught secondary students and primary pupils.I'd like to share my primary teaching experience, beacuse I used tcchnology to assist my teaching and it achieved good outcomes. As most teachers, I was not interested in technology teaching before. I thought technology was so complicated that I could not handle it.when it came to problems in class, it wasted time to fix it. But since first time I used it in primary teaching, I found I could not stop using it because of unexpected outcomes. In fact, technology helped me to control my classroom. The most important thing is that pupils are keen on cartoon, music and games. If without multimedia, English teaching was extremely boring.It was hard for little kids to concentrate for 40 mins.
At present,I'd like to share my experience on how to teach in the classroom.First I introduce the text books that are published by Longman Press.Most primary teachers know that it is difficult to teach low age students. Therefore, teaching primary students was a big challenge for me.Fortunately, we had got a package teaching materials from publisher. It contained E-book, listening CD, activities CD-Rom and Game CD-Rom. You could make classroom interesting by using these materials. I often used animation and sound to attract students' attention. Second, I often divided my class time into three parts. Each part had different teaching target.First 20mins is to learn new lesson including vocabulary and sentence structures. I always used E-book to show the pronounciation. When they had enough practice, I divided them into different groups to do activities.The CD-Rom includes vedio and different tasks based on the chapter. They were interested in this part. The last section was fun time. I used to teach them song or play games with them. I thougt my classroom was alive and I found students like this kind of teaching. Technology made my teaching easy and effective.

3 則留言:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I agree that multimedia can really liven up your lesson. It would also be worth exploring what sort of activities the students themselves could engage with on their own computers (even though they are very young and assuming of course that they have access).

    回覆刪除
  2. Tnanks for youe comments. It's good idea to use students' own computer at home. But I hope computer helps them to learn instead of games.

    回覆刪除
  3. Well, some would say that they can learn from games too. See Gee, J. P. (2004). Situated language and learning: A critique of traditional schooling. Literacies. New York: Routledge. We have to understand that this is a very different kind of learning though - a crucial question is how to integrate this kind of learning with 'traditional' schooling.

    回覆刪除